- Go to NAIA-3 to take a flight out to Legazpi. (Only CebuPac and PAL fly to Legazpi)
- Have lunch at DJC Halo-Halo located next to Gaisano Mall.
- Take a van to Donsol (from Legazpi Terminal)
- Spend the night firefly watching at the Ogod River.
Day 2: Reserve a slot for butanding interaction very early in the morning.
- Go swim with the whale sharks.
- Go to town and see the Lumang Bahay.
- Visit the Alims’ farm.
- Have dinner at Giddy’s Place and videoke after.
- Day 3: Go back to Legazpi. Eat a buffet lunch in the hotel by the airport. Go back to Manila.
Alternative Itinerary (for very early flights to Legazpi)
- Go to NAIA-3 to take a flight out to Legazpi.
- Take a van to Donsol.
- Check-in to your inn and prepare for Butanding Encounter
- Registration and Orientation at Donsol Tourism Center (Assuming you already have a booking for the whale shark encounter prior to your trip)
- Butanding Encounter
- Town tour
- Back to the inn
- Swim at the pool or sea
- Early dinner
- Firefly watching
- Travel time from Legazpi to Donsol is 1 ½ hour.
- There are trips at the Legazpi terminal as early as 5 am. Look for Donsol-bound vans. Fare is 75 pesos.
- You must book in advance for your butanding encounter, which lasts for 3 hours. You may request for Kuya Randy for your Butanding Interaction Officer (BIO).
- For firefly watching, you have 2 options. There is one near the bridge and another further down the river. Your boatmen can fetch you from your inn (if it is a beachfront resort) and experience sailing the sea by moonlight.
Fees and rates you might want to know
|Tricycle from Legazpi airport||15|
|Van to Donsol||75|
|Tricycle from Poblacion to Dancalan||20|
|Tricycle to Ogod River and back||100|
|Tricycle for town tour||100|
|Tricycle from Dancalan to terminal||20|
|Van from Donsol to Legazpi airport||75|
|Firefly viewing at Ogod River||1250|
|Whale shark interaction registration fee
(P100 for Filipinos, P300 for foreign nationals)
|Boat rental package for whale shark interaction||3500|
|Snorkel, mask and fins rental||300|
|Terminal Fee (Legazpi airport)||20|
First itinerary and list of fees and rates courtesy of Ang Lakwatserang Guro
For Legazpi activities, please visit the following links
Legazpi-Camalig-Naga for sightseeing, eco-tourism visits, and food trip.
Legazpi-Camalig-Tiwi-Cagraray for post-card worthy photos of mt. Mayon. This you can use as an offline guidebook by downloading it in the app store via Favoroute. For only $4.99 only.