Any flagship smartphone, regardless of its class, can qualify as a social media friendly handset. But for me, a smartphone can only be social media ready if it has at least these two qualities: decent photo quality and sufficient storage capacity.
With smartphone makers claiming their superiority in this aspect, how do we know which is the real standout from not? There’s only one way to know and that is through a hands-on review.
Speaking of, there’s one flagship handset that I’ve been testing mainly for its camera features. That is, ASUS Zenfone 5.
What I Like
5. Decent quality for landscape photography. The details are not all clear, but as long as the subject looks clear enough which in the photos below are the trees, that’s fine with me.
4. Needs just a little tweak. There’s a photography tip I read that says: You can’t make a bad photo look good through Photoshop. So if the photos below can be made look more presentable than their original shot, then they’re good enough.
3. Instagrammable. Admit it the higher the quality of your photos, the more likely those will stand out. But the fun lies in the fact that anyone can gain followers even without being professional photographers themselves.
2. HDR. I find this my favorite camera feature/effect in this handset, followed by the depth of field.
- Night Mode/Night Mode with plenty of light in the background/Low Light Feature. I’ll let the pictures below speak for it.
For upcoming blog posts: photos captured using ZenFone 5 camera features as well as its weaknesses and limitations.