Visit the newest ecotourism sites in Camalig, Albay, swim with the cultured marine organisms in Matnog, Sorsogon, and sample local, if not homegrown, cuisines in Naga with this 4-day, 3-night itinerary.
For photos, site and meal descriptions, as well as expenses for the places enumerated below, you may visit this link to my article on Rappler.
Day 1 – Camalig Tour
4:30 am – leaves Legazpi City for Camalig
5:00 am – arrives in Camalig town proper
5:05 – 5:25 am – travel to Quitinday Hills and Nature Park
5:25 – 5:30 am – briefing, registration fee
5:30 – 5:40 am – hike the hill
5:40 – 7:30 am – hilltop, picture-taking, breakfast with packed meal
7:30 – 7:40 am- go down the hill
7:40 – 7:50 am – take a rest, freshen up
7:50 – 8: 30 am – travel to Sumlang Lake
8:30 – 8:35 am – registration
8:35 – 9:00 am – lake cruising
9:00 – 9:05 am – travel to NCI showroom
9:05- 9: 30 am – NCI
9:30 – 9:35 am – travel to Let’s Pinanagat
9:35 – 10:00 am – Lunch
10:00-10:20 am – back to hotel, check out
10:20 – 10:30 am – travel to Legazpi Grand Central Terminal
10:00 – 12:00 pm – trip to Sorsogon City
12:00 – 1:30 pm – travel to Matnog
1:30 – 1:45 pm – buy fresh food in the market, meet with your boatman
2:45 – 3: 25 pm – trip to Subic beach
Alternatively, consider this suggestion from distinctnomad via Daraga bus.
Here are steps to get to Matnog, Sorsogon from Daraga.
1. Ride a van bound for Bulan at Shell station and asked to be dropped at Trese. Fare is P150 and travel time is 2 hours.
2. Go down at Trese and ride a jeep bound for Sta. Magdalena and asked to be dropped at Crossing in Matnog. Fare is P20.
3. Ride a tricycle to Matnog port. Fare is P10 per head.
You may contact their boatman Mang Masi through this number 09082182256. Travel time to the island from Matnog port is 30-45 minutes.
Day 2 Matnog, Sorsogon
Spend early morning for swimming, island hopping, and drop by at Juag Lagoon Sanctuary for a brief swim with marine organisms before heading back to the mainland.
You can eat your packed lunch (paluto) at the boatman’s house where you’ll be taking a bath when you get back.
You can do all these before 12 noon.
To get back to Legazpi City
1. Ride a jeep bound for Sorsogon (2 hrs). Fare is P90
2. Ride a van at Sorsogon bound for Legazpi (1hr). Fare is P85. If there is a bus bound for Naga, you may choose it to avoid ride transfers.
3. Ride a van bound for Naga at the Legazpi Terminal
Day 3-4 Food trip in Naga City
You’ll likely arrive in Naga around 7 pm or later.
- Que Pasa for Dinner
2. White Bean Cafe for breakfast
3. Chef Doy’s for lunch
Manila bound by afternoon.