It is a pleasure to be nominated for Liebster Award, an award given to new and upcoming blogs that deserve some attention. However, there are more pleasurable rewards that nominated bloggers can discover later than the prospect of expanding their network in the blogosphere.
One of them is the chance to really get to know fellow bloggers, not by chance, but on purpose.
The nomination goes in cycle, so the nominated blog will eventually become the nominator. A blog with less than 200 followers is immediately qualified, but whether they’ll make the cut or not would depend on the nominator’s discretion.
In my case, I tried my best to look beyond the number. I visited each blog that follows this blog, checked out their ‘About Me’ page and determine whether the content of their blog live up to their blog’s purpose. It was a time-consuming process, I admit. But the reward was more pleasurable as I discovered treasures that I can only find in their blogs.
While some of them I have already known from somewhere, many of them are strangers to me. Taking the “screening” process “seriously” allows me to have a glimpse at their unique personalities and the voice they use to tell their stories.
There are great storytellers both through pictures and text, such as
There are some I admire for their knack for writing. Not to mention that I missed them for we used to exchange comments on a regular basis until things got a little differently.
Then there are also the budding photographers whose shots are far from amateurish
Other blogs that are just as interesting for their unique and sincere take at blogging
And some more that I hope to see become more active bloggers because there’s much more they can offer. It’s all written in their writing style.
Thank you, Ailene Rhea of Incurable Wanderlust for nominating this blog. More than the recognition, I discovered a way of (re)connecting with other bloggers that is more intimate than I expected.
Note: I skipped some of the instructions for responding to the nomination. Here are the original Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have X (or less than 200) followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Ailene Rhea’s 11 Questions and my answer to each question.
- Apart from travel tales, what else can we read about on your blog? I intend to write blogging tips based on my experience.
- Your most memorable travel story so far? I have many but I choose the story I wrote for Rappler’s PH Travel section on Mother’s Day. It’s about Mary Daoas, Sagada’s beloved mother figure.
- What made you/got you travelling in the first place? I came across a photo of a place from the blog of a person I happen to admire. That photo got stuck in my head, until one day I found myself planning a trip to that place with my college friends.
- How many countries, continents and cities have you set foot in? 3 countries, 1 continent, and 30 cities.
- What’s the longest time you’ve been away from home? 6 months
- What’s the one souvenir you just had to have? I am not into souvenirs
- Have you ever lost your luggage/backpack? When? Where? Nope, that has not happened to me and I hope it won’t happen to me. But there’s one incident when I left my pouch with my IDs at the airport’s toilet. Five minutes later my friends and I heard my name being called by the staff at the information booth.
- What are 5 items you always take with you travelling? Tissue and hankies, shawl, food, mobile phone with Internet connection, and headphone.
- Are you an over packer or under packer? Definitely an under packer.
- What type of camera (model, brand) do you take with you when travelling? I don’t bring any. I entrust my travel photos to my more adept photographer friends and travel buddies.
- If given the chance, where would you like to settle? I am not sure yet where I would exactly want to settle, but I am sure it is not in an overly urbanized city.